NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
pursuant to Act 593 of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment
The Texarkana Gazette has an immediate opportunity for someone who can be described as
charismatic, entrepreneurial and passionate about news to add to our multimedia sales team,
and help grow the Texarkana business community.
In this role, you will spend your days strategically prospecting new business opportunities,
building relationships with SMB owners and decision makers, and collaborating on strategies to
help promote and grow their businesses. Using the robust Texarkana Gazette portfolio of
publications, as well as parent company WEHCO Media’s turnkey digital solutions, you will
quickly become a multimedia expert and resource for your clients.
$45,000 - $60,000+ annually
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with clients to understand their needs, budget, and develop strategies to
increase business ROI.
· Develop and grow a quality pipeline of new potential clients through on-going
networking, cold calling, and relationship building.
· Maintain consultative relationships with clients to ensure that they are maximizing the
value of products and services.
· Track sales activity through a digital reporting system.
· Meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Proven track record in sales is a plus, but not absolutely required. We’ll train an
exceptional newcomer who is eager, extroverted, and has demonstrated a desire to serve
· Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Aptitude for negotiation and persuasion.
· High motivation, determination, and target orientation.
· Ability to work well independently and within a team.
· Strategic thinking that produces results.
· Ability to create and deliver client presentations.
· Must provide your own immediate, dependable transportation (mileage reimbursable).
· We are a drug-free workplace. Background checks and drug testing are required.
What will make you stand out?
Demonstrating ability to connect with people
Ability to read people
Interest in working in a collaborative environment
A tenacious attitude
Interest in community involvement
A student of lifelong learning
This position includes a salary, commissions, generous benefits package and
paid time off.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work Hours will depend on Schedule Assigned
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
No specific experience required. However, previous sales and customer service experience is a
Lifting up to 20lbs from a level of 0 inches to a level of 36 inches.
Sitting up to 4 hours at a time.
Walking up to 8 hour per day on a carpet, tile floor and outside.
Bending movements are required.
Finger dexterity is required
Wrist movements are required
Position is routinely exposed to bright lights and/or glare.
Position is routinely exposed to loud noises.
Position is routinely exposed to outdoor elements.
Must possess or be able to obtain a VALID driver’s license.
Driving record must meet the requirements set in the “Personal Vehicles Used for Company
Must have and provide own reliable transportation
Must provide proof of insurance with Texarkana Gazette listed as an Additional Interested Party.
This position reports to the General Manager.
To apply, please send your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This list of essential functions for this position is not exhaustive and may be
supplemental as necessary.