Part-Time AEL Instructor
Job Title: Adult Education Part Time Instructor
Reports to: Director – Adult Education Date: 6/17/2022
The Instructor will be responsible to provide instruction to program participants
Bachelor’s degree in Education required for contract and non-contracted teachers.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in written form.
- Be willing to learn to use and teach courses using alternative delivery modes
- At least three (3) years teaching experience, preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for teaching Adult Basic Education, Pre-GED and GED courses using instructional methods geared toward the adult learner in a classroom setting.
- Plan lessons and curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and multi-skill level students which prepare students to pass the GED tests and/or enhance basic education skills
- Instruct individuals in a classroom setting.
- Instruct subjects including, but not limited to, Math, Science, Social Studies, and English Language Arts
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of data for NRS input
- Create a classroom environment that is conductive to learning,appropriate to the maturity and interests of students, encourages, and supports learning
- Complete yearly training and/or professional development as assigned and required by the grant and college
- Monitors student
- Administer TABE tests to determine individual progress.
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods, that include group or individualized instruction as well as computer programs that help students make learning gains