COUNTY AUDITORCASS COUNTY, TEXAS
The District Judge of Cass County, Texas, seeks a professional individual with the requisite competence & experience & the ability to work well with many different individuals & stakeholders, who will handle the duties of Cass County Auditor with excellence & integrity. Position to begin February 1, 2020. Applications & resumes must be recieved by December 16, 2019.
Annual Salary commensurate with experience; $50K-$55K.
The county has a quality benefits package including vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, death benefits, retirement plan & section 125 cafeteria plan with a choice of dependent’s heatlh insurance plans, disability, dental visioin & other insurance with the County covering the employee’s health insurance premiums.ESSENTIAL JOB FUCTIONS
The position of Cass County Auditor encompasses all aspects of governamental accounting in accordance with GAAP and GASB, reporting & compliance, safeguarding of assets, financial ladership, budgeting, forecasting, management of an office with 3 employees, systems maintenance, & traditional audit functions- all within a county governmental environment requiring clear & helpful communication, & proactive financial stewardship.
• Prepares & administers accounting record for all county funds
• Audits the records & accounts of the various county departments
• Verifies the validity & legality of all county disbursements
• Forecasts financial data for budgetary formulation purposes
• Assists County Judge & Commissioners Court in preparation for yearly county budgets. QUALIFICATIONS:
A County Auditor must be:
1. A competent accountant with at least 2 years’ experience in auditing & accounting;
2. Throroughly competent in public business details; &
3. A person of unquestionably good moral character & intelligence. Texas. Gov’t Code. § 84.006
• Four year college degree, preferably a bachelor’s degree in bsuines administration with a major in accounting or finance, or an equivalent master’s degree preferred.
• License Certificed Public Accountant or equivalent professional designation, license, or certification preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years accounting/financial experience, with at least 5 years experience in governmental & fund balance accounting preferred.
• A resident of Cass County or be willing to move to Cass County within 6 months of appointment preferred.Applications may be submitted to: Tina Hamiltonthamilton@casscountytx.org604 Hwy 8 N, 5th Judicial District CourtLinden, TX 75563
Location/Region: Linden, TX (75563)